Assistant GC/Associate GC (Healthcare attorney) - Downers Grove, IL or Milwaukee, WI (Flexibility re remote work)
Our client, the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the U.S. has exclusively retained Solutus Legal to assist its executives in adding a high quality healthcare attorney to its legal team. This attorney will report to the Senior Vice President in the legal department and will work closely with executives within the organization as well as external clients. Title will be commensurate with seniority and directly relevant experience.
This attorney will provide and coordinate legal services focusing on various operational, contracting, regulatory, and legal matters related to managed care, population health, accountable care organizations, clinically integrated networks, and value based care initiatives. S/he will perform legal research/counsel, analysis and legal services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, and privileges of the Company to ensure accurate legal interpretation and application of the law. In addition, s/he will assist in ensuring the organization maintains ongoing compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations, accreditation standards and contracts.
The ideal candidate will have 6-10+ years of legal experience and demonstrated knowledge of health care contracting and operations, or the equivalent. Experience with Accountable Care Organizations and managed care contracting preferred. Experience with data and privacy issues related to population health initiatives preferred. Understanding of antitrust and ability to issue-spot and converse intelligently on the subject is required.
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and license to practice law in either Illinois or Wisconsin is required.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Provide legal advice and counsel to Company’s managed care function, Accountable Care Organizations, clinically integrated networks, and Enterprise Population Health operating unit.
- Draft, review, and negotiate managed care, membership, vendor, and other agreements
- Provide advice and counsel to related business units so as to promote compliance with applicable laws and Company objectives, requirements and standards, including but not limited to state managed care laws, the Medicare Shared Savings Program, HIPAA and other privacy laws, anti-kickback statute, and fraud and abuse laws (including Stark, AKS and CMP)
- Develop and maintains contract templates and playbooks to facilitate contract negotiations.
- Perform analysis and provides legal counsel on legal issues, policies, and procedures to anticipate and guard against potential legal risks.
- Develop and recommend company policies and positions on legal issues.
Our client is looking for a motivated attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation for this exceptional opportunity. The company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and believes an inclusive culture makes a better company. Compensation is competitive.
Solutus has been selected as the exclusive representative for this search. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the company will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.