Our client, a premier venture capital firm with RAUM over $15 Billion has exclusively retained Solutus Legal Search to assist the executives with their search for an AGC. This attorney will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will serve as the #2 attorney and their heir apparent. This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area where the company is headquartered. Compensation is excellent.
The ideal candidate will possess approximately 8+ years of legal experience in fund formation with familiarity of compliance matters (SEC and RIA). Excellent credentials are required, which includes top law firm and academic credentials. In house experience serving as legal counsel at a venture capital firm is a strong plus, but our client will consider attorneys currently service as law firm associates.
This attorney will work alongside the investment, operations, and finance teams, as well as the Managing Directors, to help manage the business cross-functionally. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Work alongside the operations team to complete fund formation, fund amendments, extensions, and transfers of partnership interest across all vehicles, including providing insight on strategy and terms
- Maintain an organized, systematic filing system to house all legal documents with summaries available to help facilitate transparency across the organization
- Provide day-to-day insight into the impact of business activity as it relates to fund agreements
- Assist with the legal execution of investments and exits across all geographies, providing thoughtful insight on deal terms, transaction structuring, and areas of risk and opportunity
- Demonstrate an understanding of SEC compliance and stay up to date on regulatory changes and recent litigation so as to advise on any necessary adjustment to policy or practice as a result of broader market activity
- Assist with the review and completion of all necessary SEC and FINRA filings
- Help maintain a regularly updated Policies and Procedures Manual and Code of Ethics
- Help maintain an organized, systematic filing system to house all necessary documentation
- Work with the IT group to advise on security matters
- Review advertising materials and fundraising documents distributed
Our client is seeking the following interpersonal qualities in this attorney:
- Positive and humble attitude
- Proven leader
- Clear, concise communicator
- Able to balance and prioritize a variety of projects at high volume
- Desire to make a long-term commitment
- Comfortable playing devil’s advocate
Our client understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich an organization core mission. Its executives encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
Solutus Legal has been exclusively retained as the recruiter of choice for this wonderful search. Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates applying directly to our client will be forwarded to Solutus for review.