Our client, a fast-growing international startup for fashion, beauty, and lifestyle influencers, has retained Solutus Legal to assist the executives in their search to add a high quality AGC/Senior Corporate Counsel to its growing legal team. This position will support the company’s consumer and influencer product, and marketing teams and will provide legal support to the consumer and influencer business units worldwide. This role will report directly to the General Counsel and can be done remotely. Honored as one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company, this is an exciting opportunity with a unique value proposition.
- Work with product and marketing teams as they design products and tools, balancing commercial, marketing (both online and offline), compliance and privacy concerns
- Oversee the design and implementation of programs and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, including privacy and ADA accessibility.
- Serve as primary point of contact for legal matters from our consumer and influencer business units
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate all commercial agreements for consumer and influencer groups
- Spot and solve problems on end-to-end projects
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements and licenses
- Advise on marketing, intellectual property and partnerships
- Work with a domestic and international focus
- Work with internal partners, others within legal, and outside counsel, through clear communication and effective project management
- Answer new questions, tackle problems, and work with business teams to meet the needs of our dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Support the legal team on overflow HR and employment related issues.
- 8+ year’s experience dealing with issues related to digital content, marketplaces, and platforms
- Experience advising marketing teams on issues ranging from consumer protection and disclosures, IP legal issues, creative production, rights and clearances, and contests / sweepstakes.
- Handled a wide portfolio of marketing, technology, operational and commercial agreements, and have developed deep knowledge in intellectual property licensing, content licensing, media and content production, sponsorship, advertising, data protection and marketing laws
- Experience negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial contracts such as:
- content, data and distribution arrangements across all media platforms and devices
- IP licensing agreements
- sourcing/procurement/vendor contracts
- advertising and marketing agreements (including agreements with advertising technology providers and exchanges)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful, able to get up to speed and advise on the full spectrum of legal and regulatory issues associated with advertising technology and the legal needs of an expanding tech company
- Willing to engage in healthy debate and assert legal expertise while demonstrating a growth mindset and sense of humor
- Proven capability as both the primary point of contact with clients and leading the legal side of a project
- Experience advising groundbreaking product and marketing teams
- Experience with product development issues, including web and mobile app development, privacy (US and international regs), intermediary liability, Ad technologies, cookies and trackers, accessibility and more
- Experienced at advising internal clients and business partners on marketing and media-related matters, including advertising campaigns (US/international) and consumer and business insights; as well as evaluating risks and opportunities related to a company’s priorities, including marketing campaigns, influencers, content production, technology partnerships, and content distribution
- Remain current on legal and business developments relevant to the digital media and social commerce platforms and marketplaces, both nationally and internationally. Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company and provide training to the company on important legal topics
- Skilled at identifying, understanding, and managing international legal and regulatory risks related to our business
- Comfortable and adept at supporting a fast-paced, evolving business, balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and enable smart decisions; ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- Effective communicator -- verbally and in writing. You can speak to technical specialists or business leaders in plain English, without legal jargon
- Executive presence and are passionate about clearly articulating risk and strategies to mitigate risk to clients and executives
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Embrace goal setting and accountability, multitasking and have excellent time management skills.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and licensed in good standing with a state bar
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing and successful startup that is a disruptor in its industry. Culture is fantastic and compensation is competitive.
Solutus Legal Search is proud to have been exclusively retained to assist our client with this special engagement. Interested candidates must submit their resumes to our firm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates contacting our client directly will be redirected to Solutus for consideration.