Our client, a newly public, cutting-edge technology company, seeks to hire a Procurement Manager to join their top-notch and collegial legal team. This role has the option to be permanently remote or you may choose to work from one of the company’s offices (San Francisco, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta).
In this role, the Procurement Manager will:
- Create and implement a formal procurement process and strategy for the company’s procurement of corporate software, products, and services to support compliance, create cost efficiency, and ensure appropriate involvement and collaboration of necessary stakeholders
- Partner with the Legal, Finance, and Security functions to mitigate risk, ensure business requirements can be met, and adhere to internal budgets
- Support and improve day-to-day processes and issue resolution, including vendor onboarding, monitoring vendor use and performance, and resolving disputes
- Review and negotiate a broad range of new and renewal agreements based on informed analysis and market conditions
- Develop and provide procurement training, and enforce and help business partners navigate internal processes, including for legal, security and accounting approval
- Leverage your experience and expertise to find opportunities to optimize costs and identify creative ways to improve operational efficiencies related to procurement activities
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to meet growth and financial objectives
- Implement project plans to drive proposed changes in procurement and sourcing initiatives
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years prior experience in a procurement role (experience building or managing change in a procurement function strongly preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of business terms in contracts, demonstrated negotiation, decision-making and conflict resolution skills, and an ability to influence business colleagues and third party service providers
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze information and develop appropriate recommendations for action
- A demonstrated mastery of computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of Google Suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box, and other web-based applications
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and developing creative processes
- Experience leading multiple projects at the same time, working with individuals at different skill levels, and negotiating successfully while maintaining positive relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented attitude, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently in a fast paced environment
The hiring manager for this role is fantastic and will be an outstanding supervisor and mentor. Our client’s culture welcomes good ideas from all employees. You’ll have the opportunity to broaden your scope of work, if you desire, including to help define and improve internal processes and manage special projects in collaboration with other team members.
Our client celebrates the diverse backgrounds of their team. Individuals seeking employment with our client are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Compensation for this role is competitive and includes equity.
Solutus Legal Search has been retained on an exclusive basis for this search partnership. Interested candidates may contact us at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates applying directly to the Company will be redirected to Solutus for evaluation.